Friday, May 6, 2011

Prologue

Let's see where we're coming from, shall we?

First of all, to set the tone you can check out the Wtf? page for why we're here in the first place.

Then you can take a look at what I had for lunch today.

That's a buffalo chicken wrap with extra cheese. Man, was it delicious. You see why I'm a little concerned about premature death. There are approximately 8 billion things in that photo that are going to kill me one day.

It's lunch that really worries me. I've grown rather close with the guys who run the bagel shop down the street. I get special rates for buying in bulk. One of them is helping me learn spanish. They don't even ask what I want when I walk in anymore; they just toss me a quick "hola" as they head for the grill in the back. I'd hate for their business to suffer because of my change in diet.

Furthermore, I share a lot of Liz Lemon's feelings and philosophies about food.

(I tried to find the clip where she explains how the perfect sandwich could end all war, but I failed.)

The sandwich is, in my mind, inherently a meat and cheese construct, and what is lunchtime without the sandwich? Yes, I know, there are other kinds of sandwiches, but I won't be convinced that any of them can be as good until I see them in action. My recipe research has turned up some fun looking dinners so far, but not much in the way of sandwiches.

So, lunch is my big hurdle before I go for it. While I work through the planning on that, I'll use this space to test recipes for the great experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment